Neighborly Assistance

Help your neighbors pay their utility bills: This is a way for you to help your less fortunate neighbors in Clallam County heat their homes.

Your contribution will be administered by the local Community Action Council to provide funds to qualified low-income residential customers to assist them in paying their electricity bills. You may make a one-time donation or enroll to contribute a set amount each month. Only one payment is necessary for both your contribution and your PUD bill. Pledges may be canceled at any time by contacting the PUD.

You can sign up for the Neighborly Assistance Program by printing and filling out an enrollment card and including it in your bill payment envelope, or you can sign up for the program by contacting any PUD office.

Please have your Personal ID out and available when you sign for services. Utilities are required to be in compliance with the Federal FACT Act which provides for the prevention of identity theft. This is to protect our customers from Identity Theft.

Prior to receiving PUD services, all customers must provide 2 forms of ID. One must be Photo ID. This information will be verified.

  • Valid Driver’s License or ID card from the Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Social Security Card
  • Passport
  • Military ID
  • Green Card
  • Native American ID card

You may be asked to pay a deposit when applying for service and opening an account. An identity validation and credit assessment will be conducted for customers who are new to Clallam County PUD. If a satisfactory credit rating is obtained through the assessment or you are an existing customer who has an established satisfactory payment record with Clallam County PUD, you may be excluded from the deposit requirement.