Clallam County PUD offers net metering for customers who generate their own electricity using fuel cells, solar, wind, water, or animal waste biogas as an energy source.
How does Net Metering work?
• While you’ll continue to pay the applicable electrical rate and basic charge for your energy consumption, we’ll credit your account at the effective wholesale rate for the metered excess (unused) energy that your renewable energy system generates and delivers to the PUD grid.
• As of February 1, 2018 the effective wholesale energy rate is $0.0385. Updated annually, this rate is based on our billed power purchase costs for the preceding year, divided by the total kilowatt-hours sold.
Basic Program Requirements:
• We strongly recommend that you apply for Interconnection, before your renewable energy production system is installed, to ensure compliance with all PUD policies and procedures, and eligibility for the program.
• Clallam County PUD must approve your Interconnection Application before you connect to the electric grid.
• Interconnection Applicants must sign and submit an Interconnection Agreement for Net Metering with Wholesale Buyback Rate (issued by Clallam PUD to approved Interconnection applicants)
• An interconnected electrical generating system used by a home owner or business must include, at the customer’s own expense all equipment necessary to meet applicable safety, power quality, and interconnection requirements established by:
o Clallam County PUD
o National Electrical Code (NEC)
o National Electrical Safety Code
o Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
o Underwriters Laboratories (UL), and
o all applicable state and local agencies.
Questions? Contact our Utility Services department at
(360) 565-3249 or Email
Net Metering Documents: